Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Force is Strong in this one...

My W is turning 5 years old....tomorrow. We had his big birthday bash this weekend, and can I just say that I am a crazy person? We had an all out Jedi Training Session for W and 14 of his closest friends...complete with costumes, light sabers, and a real live Darth Vader! :)


We had alot of fun, but today, I'm really being all sentimental and finding it somewhat difficult to wrap my mind around the fact that my baby is turning 5.....to me, he will forever be that baby who couldn't sleep without Blanket(and yes, it is a proper name!) and his Elmo...he will forever be that baby who would reach out to me, hold his arms out and say "hold you...hold you..." and when I do pick him up, he pats me on the back...he will forever be my baby boy with his "Buddha belly" and his huge grin...he will forver be etched in my mind like this:



Happy birthday, my sweet, sweet Jedi...

2 comments:

  1. Too freakin' cool! You ARE the cool mom to plan and host a party like that. For 14 5 year olds no less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only problem with having such a cool party is...how do you top that next year? and the next? and the next? Still wish I was there to see that. Darth Vader was a cool deal and I would have probably have been in pain from laughing and watching W's dad and uncle "training" all those 5 year olds. Give A & W all my love and save some for their Mom too.

    ReplyDelete