Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Facelift

My blog got a facelift!! Thanks to Becky at CheeseMyHead for the new look!!! She is one very talented momma! :) I told her I needed it to not be too girly, since the blog was about W, too, and that A is a future "save the world" kind of gal, not really all fru-fru and lace. Becky did a fabulous job.

On to another kind of "facelift", I suppose....God has been really hammering and convicting me lately for not finding time to just "be" - for me to get away and just spend time in his presence. So many distractions!!! My husband claims I suffer from what he likes to call a "martyr" complex - trying to be all things to all people all of the time and then who I am gets lost in the shuffle somewhere, along with just being a child of God. I mean, it's not easy being wife, mom, daughter, sister, attorney-at-law, aunt, pastor's wife, friend all at the same time. I'm not complaining - ALL of us have so many different roles we fill...I just have let my role of "daughter of the King" kind of slip in the priority rankings. SO - a few things will be a'changin' in my life...I hesitate to even explain or write out loud what I'm doing because I am afraid I'll fail. I'm a wienie, I know, but I'm going to be a wienie who finds some "God" time. :) As I progress in this new little venture, maybe I'll share more.

2 comments:

  1. pretty!!!

    And, KG, anything you put your mind to, you'll do well. And, I'm there with you on the slacker side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, little wienie! (from one wienie to another!) I feel your pain, and I struggle with the same things myself. I would love to hear more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete