Friday, September 12, 2008

Receding waters...

So, after 8 and 1/2 inches in 24 hours and lots of hype about the "100 year flood", the waters have receded off of the roadways and parking lots and seem to be mostly contained in low lying areas and parks, etc. There were lots of cars that were flooded and some buildings, too, including Tech's football stadium, but overall, it seems to be on the upswing and looking better...

A & W, in the meantime, enjoyed a very chilled-out day of playing MarioCart, watching TV, and just hanging out together. During the summer, they went through phases where they got on each other's nerves, but for the most part, they had alot of fun being together...there was a shift in how they interacted with each other...ever so slight but I could detect it. In the past, A would pretty much control everything - what they played, how they played it, she'd even tell "W" what to say when they were playing cars or polly pockets or whatever. W seems to have shifted ever so slightly towards making up his own mind. He's not as keen on taking orders from her and he isn't hesitating to tell her so...at this point she still has the upper hand because she'll just outmanuever him with her mental gymnastics (that's my kind way of saying she manipulates him with mind tricks)...but every week I see him catching on a little more and more...before long, he will no longer be the little brother who will do everything she says.

It's alot of fun watching them interact....I can't help but wonder what their relationship will be like when they are all grown up. Hopefully, they'll get along well enough to decide how to care for me in my old age!

1 comment:

  1. I love your kids and I can't forget one day when W wanted to watch one movie and A another...and A said "OOH W you love this movie don't you?! Don't you want to watch this movie?" W's response? "Yes A I do love that movie!" And just like that we watched the movie A wanted to watch. I just observed and was amazed and awed over her "mental gymnastics." ;) I love your family! *hug*

    ReplyDelete