Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sometimes girls try WAY too hard....

It's been awhile since I posted any W-isms. Man, I don't know why because that kid gives me more material than I could ever use. He finds a way every single day to make me laugh.

Here's one from earlier this week, however, which makes me wonder whether I should think it is hilarious or whether I need to have a talk with some mommas....

I pick A&W up from school...as SOON as he gets in the car, W says:

"Momma, I think there's a girl who likes me at school...actually, I think there may be TWO girls who like me...."

Here I am, just smiling away, thinking to myself - awww...of course they do! You are handsome, awesome, and amazing!

But, ever curious as to how his little mind works, I ask:
"What makes you think that, W?"

W says "Well, Annie tells me I'm cute all day long and follows me around..."

Ok, I think - sounds pretty obvious that she likes him. "What about the other one?"

"Katie? Oh, this one is the one I'm not sure about....she plays with my hair. Does that mean she likes me, Momma?"

WHOA!!! Hold up! Playing with his hair? Ummm, that's a little forward, isn't it? What do these mommas teach them? I actually almost lost it...I had to hold in my laugh. And W kept talking.

"And at lunch today, I sat down at my table...and then Katie came and sat on one side of me and Annie sat on the other side and made a W sandwich....next year, Annie is moving to another school, so she should be off my back. Now all I have to do is get rid of Katie."

Well, guess we are going to talk about the fine art of flirting WAY earlier than I ever anticipated. W just shouldn't be so darn adorable, I guess. :)

*Note: Names were changed to protect the identity of the little harlots..oops, I mean flirt-meisters.

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning out W's backpack this weekend, I find a note - with nice red and pink and yellow markers. It reads:

    "Will
    I like you."

    I asked W who it was from. He said it was from Katie. Mystery solved. She does for sure like him.

    ReplyDelete