Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This week, dear Hubby is out of town, suffering for Jesus in the mountains of New Mexico, leading worship for a camp there. Two of my beautiful nieces (TuTu - almost 17) and Loo (13 1/2) came to stay with me and keep me company and stay with A&W whilst I am at work...I love it because even thought A&W are the youngest of the grandchildren on my side, it gives them a chance to hang out with their older cousins and they can "BOND"...

Well, evidently W feels good and "bonded"...at least enough to just say it like it is around them...yesterday morning, as I was leaving for work and telling W goodbye, he suddenly felt the need to tell me something very important...

W: "Momma, I woke up this morning because I felt pee..."

Me: Thinking maybe he figured he'd better tell me if he wet his bed, I ask "You did? Did you wet the bed, W?"

W: Looking at me like I'm the craziest woman on the planet, he says "NO, Momma!!!! I just woke up because my penis was full and it felt like it was going to explode!!!!"

Poor Tutu was sitting there and witnessed all of this. Please understand, Tutu is the oldest of 3 girls, no brothers...I thought she was going to fall out of her chair...she didn't know whether to be embarassed or to laugh, it seemed. W, however, didn't know what he had done that made us crack up...he was just stating it like it was.

Why is it again that I felt the need to be all anatomically correct with naming my children's body parts? I seem to recall the notion of trying to dispel the idea of shame or mystery about how God created girls and boys differently - something like that. Evidently it worked. W has no problem discussing his "boy parts" and labeling them with their proper names these days, whether it's just to me, to his t-ball coach, or the church nursery worker. Tutu just got the wonderful opportunity to experience this first hand this week.

P.S. Tutu and Loo have been alot of fun this week...I love them bunches. It brings a different sort of life into the house when you have 2 teenagers there!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo. 10 more years and you are in BIG trouble when W reads this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL...TuTu and Loo...I am really enjoying these, Gayle. That is a classic and I would have cracked up as well. Hugs from Hondo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, amazing...wish I would've heard this one in person. I miss y'all a ton, hope everything is going well. Everything is great here in the Canyon.

    ReplyDelete